Sunday, October 10, 2010

Has Anybody Got a Hacksaw??

Has Anybody Got a Hacksaw??













Today’s adventure reminded me of when I was a kid – it was either my birthday or Hanukkah, and I got a Mr. Machine for a present.  Mr. Machine was a clear plastic wind-up robot.  You could see the gears and all the working parts.  It was also made to be taken apart and put back together.  Of course, the first thing my dad and I did, after a couple of wind-up runs, was to take the thing apart.  When we put it back together, there were a couple of extra pieces left over – and the thing never walked again!  I hope I have better luck this time!

So the bike is all packed…. And it fits!  No extra parts!



It will be an amazing thing if it really makes it to Israel with me.  A couple of weeks ago a rode with a woman who has done the ride before.  As I was telling her my travel plans, she cheerfully told me that she had taken the same flight her first trip, and they lost her bike.  THANKS A LOT!!!! 




I have been touched by the many wishes I have received for a good trip – and the wind at my back. Thank you all.

Got a lot of work to do between now and Thursday.  Hopefully my next entry will be about having successfully gotten to New York and on to Israel – with my bike!

L’hitraot.

Lester

1 comment: