Friday, October 22, 2010

10/21 - Bonked a disappointing day

Bonked is a biking word for when you just don’t have it…  check it out on Google, I’m not kidding.  So I didn’t exactly bonk, but something at dinner in Ashkelon last night really did not agree with me.  I was up most of the night, and finally barfed up most of what was left in my stomach.  Although I felt a lot better, after about 30 miles of riding, I realized that I really did not have enough in me to continue for the day.  I spent most of the day riding the bus (along with at least one other guy who had a similar reaction to dinner).  What’s most disappointing is that between the hamsin shortened ride on Wednesday, and the bus riding today, it’s unlikely that I will clock the full 300 miles I had hoped.  I suppose this is part of the spiritual experience I wrote about the other day. We are here, engaged in this wonderful, challenging experience, and we take each thing as it comes and work it into the whole story.

The day was not without highlights, though.  There was the ostrich farm, and singing at our lunch stop.

Tomorrow will be a better day.

L’hitraot,

Lester

No comments:

Post a Comment